Missing Asheboro siblings found safe | News
ASHEBORO, N.C. — Police said a search for a brother and sister who were reported missing last weekend from their Asheboro home has been called off after the two were found safe.
According to police, Carol Yvonne Hefner, 58, and Rex William Callahan, 61, were reported missing on Saturday by Hefner’s husband.
Police on Thursday morning said Hefner and Callahan were both found and are OK.
Before they were found, police said nobody had seen the siblings since they left their apartment at 1129 South Cox St.
Family members were concerned because the pair left the home without taking clothing or Callahan’s medications, which he takes for health reasons. Neither of them suffer from dementia or mental illness, police said.
Upcoming Events near Asheboro
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Parents want renovations at Stoner-Thomas for students with disabilities
- 18-year-old accused of beating duck to death with baseball bat
- Lexington man killed in accident on I-85 in Davidson Co.
- Lexington Police search for woman who used stolen bank card
- Davidson Co. man arrested for break-in, larceny of firearm